Sunday, May 26, 2019

Correction to a schematic within my text

The connections joining my circuit to the Starter Coils of an off-the-shelf, single phase, A/C induction motor, plus the connection between the Starter Coils and the Main Motor Coils, should be welded – not soldered with rosin paste flux – to reduce resistance to extremely negligible values at these joints. These connections are in areas of positive resistance which require the encouragement of current and the discouragement of voltage arising from any resistance. Hence, the use of 10 AWG wire is encouraged in these areas (or whatever gauge wire the motor uses for its Starter Coils). In fact, the oscilloscope tracings of my simulations describe these areas to be completely lacking in voltage, hence: zero voltage!

This may seem improbable, but is true. This is caused by my circuit inducing a phase shift between its current and its voltage of 180° of separation giving my circuit a negative zero power factor.

In case you don't agree that such a condition could exist, then I will back up my claim by quoting: Loren Rademacher, a member of the BSEE, who describes such a condition is possible indicating the preponderance of capacitive reactance over inductive reactance within a circuit.http://is.gd/negpowfact

Other areas of my circuit exhibit negative resistance in which resistance gives a boost to the performance of my circuit rather than becoming an impediment. So, soldering with rosin paste flux can be applied to joints in these other areas along with the use of conventional gauge wires for making the connections between my circuit and the motor.

No comments:

Post a Comment